Looking for event or meeting space in downtown DC? The members of First Church of Christ, Scientist are eager to share their beautiful new facility with our neighbors in the DC area.
The church offers a variety of spaces for events of all types and sizes. Whether you are in need of a space for a recurring activity (daily, weekly, or monthly) or a one-time special event, we have the unique spaces that will accommodate all your needs.
Features and amenities
- Centrally located in downtown DC, 2 blocks from the White House
- Within steps of a number of fine hotels and restaurants
- Convenient to 3 metro stops, numerous public bus routes, and commercial parking garages
- 2-story glass façade with commanding views of 16th Street NW
- Flexible spaces for groups ranging from 10-100
- Capability to electronically link the spaces for larger group use
- Modern amenities, including free Wi-Fi and built-in A/V capability (screens, projectors, cameras, and microphones)
- Unique design providing natural daylight in all spaces
- Environmentally-friendly building, awarded LEED Gold certification
- ADA compliant
- Galley kitchen for catering set-up
- Fully-equipped nursery/child care center
- Knowledgeable on-site staff
Furnishings and musical instruments
- Flexible seating arrangements for adults and children
- Lecterns and a variety of tables available
- Steingraeber concert grand piano, handcrafted and among the finest instruments in DC
- Yamaha grand piano
- Variety of percussive instruments for adults and children
All are welcome to join us for services on Sundays at 10:30 am, Wednesdays at 7:30 pm, and Thursdays at noon. Note that event rentals will not be available during the times we are holding services.